Protecting your privacy
Effective Date: September 9, 2020
IPG DXTRA, Inc. d/b/a Weber Shandwick (“Agency”) respects your concerns about privacy. This Website Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect about individuals on https://thewebershandwickcollective.com (the “Site”), how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices available regarding our use of the information. The Website Privacy Notice also describes the measures we take to safeguard personal information, how long we retain it, and how individuals can contact us about our privacy practices and to exercise their rights.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Obtain
- How We Use Personal Information
- Personal Information Sharing
- Cross-Border Transfer
- Your Rights and Choices
- Other Online Services and Third-Party Features
- Retention of Personal Information
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Children’s Personal Information
- Updates to Our Website Privacy Notice
- How to Contact Us
- Additional Information Regarding the EEA
Information We Obtain
Information You Provide
We collect and store personal information (such as name and other contact details) that you choose to provide to us through the Site or when you contact us. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The types of personal information we collect includes:
- Contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, and telephone number; and
- Other personal information you may submit to us, such as when you contact us.
Information We Receive About You from Other Sources
We receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as publicly available databases and providers of demographic information.
Automated Collection of Information
When you use the Site, we obtain certain information by automated means, such as browser cookies, beacons, device identifiers, server logs, and other technologies.
The information we obtain in this manner may include your:
- Device IP address,
- Domain name,
- Identifiers associated with your devices,
- Device and operating system type and characteristics,
- Web browser characteristics,
- Language preferences,
- Clickstream data,
- Your interactions with the Site (such as the web pages you visit, links you click, and features you use),
- The pages that led or referred you to the Site,
- Dates and times of access to the Site, and
- Other information about your use of the Site.
You can view more information on how we obtain certain information by automated means in our Cookie Notice.
Third-Party Web Analytics Services
technologies to collect and analyze information about use of the Site and report on activities and trends and diagnose technical issues. To learn more about Google’s practices, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Interest-Based Advertising though Advertising Networks
You may see our ads on other websites or mobile apps because we participate in advertising networks such as Google Adwords. Ad networks allow us to target our messaging to users based on demographic data, users’ inferred interests, location, and browsing context. These networks track users’ online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of browser cookies, web beacons, device identifiers, server logs, and other similar technologies on the Site and on third-party websites and apps. The networks use this information to show ads that may be tailored to individuals’ interests, to track users’ browsers or devices across multiple websites and apps, and to build a profile of users’ online browsing and app usage activities. The information our ad networks collect through users’ use of the Site includes data about users’ visits to the Site and this is matched to information about users’ visits to other websites and apps that participate in the relevant ad networks, such as the pages or ads viewed and the actions taken on the websites or apps.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we obtain on the Site for legitimate business purposes, including to:
- Provide our services to you; process, evaluate, and respond to your requests and inquiries; and send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Market our services to you. We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new services; enhancing and improving our services; analyzing our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics and market research; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions). We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Protect against, identify, and prevent fraud, security breaches, and other criminal activity and risks. We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered personal information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.